ways to do well in the social sciences
- use the word “paradigm” in every sentence
- use the word “construct” in every sentence
- use the word “discourse” in every sentence
- instead of saying “the author’s opinion on xyz” add “-ian” to the author’s last name and instead of ‘opinion’ say ‘school’; example, “ah, yes, the Lalondesian school”
- make every noun a verb; e.g. problematize, fetishize, binarize, dichotomize, sexualize. bonus: paradigmize.
- make everything plural even if it’s not supposed to be plural, e.g. knowledges, homosexualities, truths
- sample sentence: “The Lalondesian school constructs paradigmatically binarized knowledges of homosexualities.”